Back in May, on one of our many dates in one of the well-known coffee shops, I sat my little 4.5y old Lime down to ask her a few questions. I had come across the article that featured them (Lifehacks.org) earlier that day and figured it would be fun for both of us. Below is the result of that little interview (Lime’s answers in bold)…
1. What five words do you think best describe you?
Lazy, silly, small, clever, strong (she needed lots of prompting in the sense of „words like fast or silly..“)
2. What do you love doing that makes you feel happiest?
Going to the coffee shop, go to the playground, crashing into lampposts with daddy, waffles (wafers)
3. What do you know how to do that you can teach others?
Roly-polies,spinning around very fast
4. What is the most wonderful/worst thing that ever happened to you?
Wonderful: Climbing trees
Worst: falling down and hurting myself
5. What did you learn from the best/worst thing that’s happened to you?
Wonderful: I don’t know
Worst: look where I’m going
6. Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
Writing, ABC, counting
7. If you could travel back in time three years and visit your younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
N/A (I guess at 4.5 years she’s just a little too young to answer that)
8. What are you most grateful for?
People giving me stuff
9. What do you think that person feels?
N/A (I had to give up on this one, she just didn’t understand the question or the intent)
10. What do you think your life will be like in the future?
Great! (After more probing)…go to the future playground
11. Which of your friends do you think I’d like the most? Why?
Olivia? But not when she’s not talking to me..
12. If you could grow up to be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
13. How would you change the world if you could?
14. How can you help someone today?
Getting old people up… because they fall down.. and if they don’t have a walking stick they fall down every time.. that’s why I need to help them up.. because they don’t have a walking stick..
15. If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make? Why?Not crashing into each other..because I will get hurt…and other people.
What a great little insight, don’t you think? 😀 I’ll be repeating this interview when she’s older. I’d love to do it once a year around her birthday in August, but I’m not, sure what chance of keeping that promise I have. 😉